Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Weekly Progress (The Calm Before the Storm Edition)

Last week was a decent week. I read enough, I didn't review too much, and I think I had a good balance of posts. I also learned that weeks like last week won't last. See, this year I said I wanted to be independent. I want to be involved with stuff and make stuff happen. I did that. Now I realize I may have overbooked myself. The rest of October is going to be so busy, but I'll do my best to keep posting quality content.

Anyway, let's start the book recap.

Books Read

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)A Million Suns (Across the Universe, #2)

I'm not sure what to say- I liked both books but I had higher expectations for each. A Million Suns' ending is crazy- I want to see what happens next! It did feel a bit like a "middle book" so I would have hoped for some more action. T

Currently Reading

Crank (Crank, #1)

Part way through Crank and it's an experience. I'm enjoying the writing style. 

Recap


I also attempted the impossible and tried to find a good definition for YA. It took just one well written comment to make me rethink my definition. 

There's also an intense Cover Wars going on between Flutter and The Elite. Flutter has dominated all the previous match ups but this time it's a bit closer than normal. Flutter is still leading, but there's still enough time to make the competition interesting. 

Random Thoughts

This week I realized all the ways in which I'm thankful for blogging. I'm going to be a blogger for my local library district and it's something I'm very excited for. I know it wouldn't have happened without this blog and the people that keep me going- you guys. So thanks for helping making me a better person and my life a little bit better. 

Well that's it for this week. I think I'll post a review today/tomorrow so keep an eye out for that! Thanks for visiting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...