Thursday, September 13, 2012

TV Talk Thursday- Arrow

Personally, I consider myself to be a fan of stories. I love seeing another's perspective, witnessing their battles and cheering on their victories. That's why I thought this might be a pretty interesting topic to cover- TV. TV Talk Thursdays is not a feature as of yet, it really depends on whether I find a cool TV show to cover. So far I've found two. Anyway, this week I thought I'd talk about the CW's arrow.

The CW is one of my favourite networks because a lot of the shows they do are about teens, or would appeal to teens. I always keep a track on new shows on the network because you never know when a show is going to be incredible (The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural) and the perfect fit for a YA audience.

Arrow is one of the CW's new shows this fall. And it looks fabulous.



What I like about Arrow is that it has potential. The story sounds vaguely The Dark Knight-ish, but it's a TV show.

The show is about billionaire Oliver Queen, who went missing and was thought to be dead after an awful shipwreck five years ago. He returns home to Starling city but he's changed. He tries to make up for all the times he was awful to his family and begins to craft another identity- that of a vigilante named Arrow who who tries  "to right the wrongs of his family, fight the ills of society, and restore Starling City to its former glory."

That does sound an awful lot like Batman's concept, but it's based on the Green Arrow comics. I haven't read them (not much of a comics reader) though I still find the show intriguing. Something interesting is that even though the Green Arrow is a superhero that has special powers, the show has decided to stay away from magic powers. Arrow is simply someone who wants to do good, and is especially talented in stuff like archery. Arrow also seems to be pretty dark- the main character kills people.

Check out the trailers and leave a comment letting me know what you think. Would you watch Arrow?


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, thoughts...

    1. As Batman fans, we think this looks similar and awesome! Haven't heard of or read the original comics, but doesn't seem like that's essential to understanding or enjoying the story.

    2. The police chief (?) is an actor we recognize from other shows (Lipstick Jungle and Big Shots) and we like him, yay!

    3. Why do the 2 female leads have to look so similar...?!

    3b. Why does it seem like there are no women in this story/city/show? :(

    Clearly a mixed bag of reactions. But we'd definitely be willing to give it a shot! (No pun intended. ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the CW is trying to market this as a "guy" show. I like the Batman thing too! I hope it ends up being good, it certainly has potential. :)

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...