Monday, November 7, 2011

Review: Timeless


Timeless (Timeless, #1)





Author: Alexandra Monir
Pages: 304
Publisher: Delacorte
Challenge: Debut Author Challenge
Synopsis: When tragedy strikes Michele Windsor’s world, she is forced to uproot her life and move across the country to New York City, to live with the wealthy, aristocratic grandparents she’s never met. In their old Fifth Avenue mansion filled with a century’s worth of family secrets, Michele discovers a diary that hurtles her back in time to the year 1910. There, in the midst of the glamorous Gilded Age, Michele meets the young man with striking blue eyes who has haunted her dreams all her life – a man she always wished was real, but never imagined could actually exist. And she finds herself falling for him, into an otherworldly, time-crossed romance. 


 Michele is soon leading a double life, struggling to balance her contemporary high school world with her escapes into the past. But when she stumbles upon a terrible discovery, she is propelled on a race through history to save the boy she loves – a quest that will determine the fate of both of their lives.


Buy the Book (The Book Depository/Amazon)

Timeless was a story of endless love and I really liked it!

Michele's a cool character who's a normal teenager with an awesome mom. When "tragedy strikes" (and while I won't say what the tragedy was, I will say I was upset by it) Michele goes to New York to live with her grandparents. Her grandparents are part of the Windsor line so they're incredibly rich and live in extreme opulence. Michele feels out of place though (which I totally understand). Michele was a cool character whom I do relate with. Some of her reactions were spot on and I want to learn more about her.

Then there's time-traveling which leads to meeting the gorgeous, incomparable Phillip. Phillip is the guy Michele's been dreaming about all her life who turns out to be real. They both have an instant connection and they love each other. The love was pretty quick for me- "the one" after about one date?- but it was adorable. They obviously cared for each other immensely and I'm really interested if they can make their love "forever".

I wasn't sure where the plot was going in Timeless. The end completely surprised me. It was a tantalizing morsel of information that made me gasp, and then I turned the next page to find that it's over. I love and hate those endings. I was surprised how fast I flew through Timeless. I don't even remember checking the page numbers, I just started it and all of a sudden ended up on the last page.

All in all, I enjoyed Timeless. It was a nice, light and romantic read with darker parts. I'm giving it 3.5 stars because though I flew by it, the story didn't reach a level that I call obsessive love which means I won't constantly be waiting around for the next book. I wasn't too emotionally invested in Timeless but that's probably just me. I will eagerly read the next one though.

*** &1/2 *

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...