Thursday, November 3, 2011

I'm Thankful For... Wicked Lovely


The ever awesome Beth Revis is having a lovely contest where she'll be giving away a TON of books. You can enter by posting about the books that you're most thankful for.  Visit here for more information!

I picked the Wicked Lovely series by Melissa Marr because these books have had the greatest impact on my life. Seriously, I'd be a very different person without having read this series.

It all starts two years ago when I was in grade eight. I had recently seen Wicked Lovely on a shelf in my library and I thought it had an absolutely gorgeous and striking cover. I love pretty covers (hence features like Cover Wars) so I instantly wanted to read the book and checked it out.

I loved it. I loved everything about the world, the characters, the choices. This book made me see the world in more than black and white terms. It made me realize that I always had a choice in how I acted. From then, my love for the series only expanded with Ink Exchange and Fragile Eternity.

I read Fragile Eternity while on vacation in November about 8 times every night before I went to sleep. It struck me so much that I needed to know more about the series and one day, while Googling Wicked Lovely (*ahem*obsession*ahem*) I found an absolutely incredible site, WickedLovely.com and an even greater forum called The Rath and Ruins.
Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely, #1)

Two years later I'm still on this forum and now a Summer Court Co-Head. Because of Wicked Lovely I joined a site that really made me think and where I met people from all over the world. It made me a more open and accepting person in general. I now know there's always another side to a story and no one is ever 100% evil. I know to always think situations through and I'm more empathetic. I can discuss better, I can relate to people better, and I'm a generally happier person after joining this community.

This is where I've learned about ARCs and blogging and everything about books. Without them, I'd never be here. The Rath and Wicked Lovely has made me a better person and I still log on every day.

So I'm thankful for Melissa Marr having written Wicked Lovely. She's written a series that changed my life for the better and I don't know what would have happened if I hadn't read that brilliantly enchanting story of dangerous fey, a curse, and sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...