Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Halloween Picks


Top 10 Tuesday is a meme hosted at The Broke and the Bookish. It's all about making bookish lists so I thought I'd give it a try and see what happens. This week the list is books perfect for Halloween.

Possessions (Possessions, #1)

1. Possessions by Nancy Holder. This book is really creepy. I read the trilogy and there are some huge twists and turns you don't want to miss. I was really nervous while reading this book in the dark and that doesn't happen often.

Bad Girls Don't Die (Bad Girls Don't Die, #1)

2. Bad Girls Don't Cry by Katie Alender. This book surprised me with how well it was done. It's the usual scary story but the way it's done makes it awesome. I loved this book.

Savannah Grey

3. Savannah Grey by Cliff McNish. This book is a standalone and it was so different from anything else I've ever read. The monsters were described as scary so I think this book is perfect for Halloween!

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

4. Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. Have you even seen the photos? Those are all creepy and the presentation is so fabulous that this will be a great pick for Halloween.

Slayed

5. Slayed by Amanda Marrone. This book isn't all that creepy but we have vampires and some other monsters. It's more of the light Halloween and it's still fun to read. Also a standalone that can be finished pretty quickly!

Prophecy of the Sisters (Prophecy of the Sisters, #1)

6. Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink. This is a satisfying trilogy about two sisters that can save or destroy the world. The suspense and overall mood is so creepy that it's a perfect fit for Halloween.

Haunting Violet

7.  Haunting Violet by Alyxandra Harvey. What would Halloween be without a ghost story? This one is also historical so doubly perfect!

Blood Magic (Blood Journals, #1)

8. Blood Magic by Tessa Gratton. Magic with BLOOD! I can not say how creepy this book was. Magic is a given at Halloween and is made 10 times more scary once you bring in the blood. 


Strange Angels (Strange Angels, #1)

9. Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow. This book excels in action, doesn't shy away from the dark and gritty plus we meet a lot of the supernatural. Definitely great for Halloween. 

Blue is for Nightmares (Blue is for Nightmares, #1)

10. Blue is for Nightmares by Laurie Faria Stolarz. There's a lot of rituals, mystery, and suspense as you struggle to find out who is the antagonist. 

So those are my picks for Halloween. I tried to pick books that all have creepy or suspense factors as the usual paranormal doesn't scare me too much though they are fun to read. Have you read anything from my list? Tell me about yours and be sure to leave a link! Happy Halloween everyone! 

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Miss Peregrine, although it was more gory than I thought it would be. A really well-written story, though, and I loved the photos. I'm glad the "scrapbook" genre seems to be expanding a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the photos were spectacular! And I love the scrapbook genre!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...