Wednesday, October 5, 2011

How to Keep Blogging When You're Way Too Busy

Over the last few days you may have noticed I am not as active as I used to be. Real life got in the way and I' too busy. There's always so much to do and not enough time to do it. As a blogger you are used to it. You know your blog takes lot of time but its also very rewarding. So today, I thought I'd mention some things I do when I'm busy to keep my blog going and see what you think.
1. What of my favorite things about blogger is the option of scheduling your posts. Sometimes you don't have enough time. With scheduling you do your post when you have time and it can be posted any time you want. Awesome eh?
2. Another thing is to keep reading and reviewing. As a book blogger your main content is centered around reviews. This means you should always have a review to post- not every day, but if you don't have the time to read a new book and review it quickly it's a good idea to have a safety review ready which you can use if you're too busy.
3. Lastly there's the option of mobile blogging. This means blogging from your phone or ipod when you're on the run. (I'm doing this right now.) There is a blogger app for IPhone and Android so you should be able to blog simply- nothing too complicated. It saves time and while there aren't many photos you can put in the post, it's good enough for text.
Those are my ways, tell me about yours!

2 comments:

  1. Excellent article. I agree with everything you said & I use the same rules of thumb myself. I love the scheduling function & some days when I have a lot of inspiration (which doesn't happen often but sometimes it does!) I write a bunch of posts and schedule them. Or if I run a week long event/contest/challenge I do it too. But for the most part I don't worry about being sporadic. I have a handful of loyal followers who read and that's all I need to make me happy (and stress-free) where my blog is concerned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scheduling posts is the best feature. I'm going back to school after 10yrs since high school and I am swamped with homework and an active 4yr old! So what I try to do is gather book news, like upcoming releases, cover or title reveals, book-to-movie news, etc., and then schedule posts for the different things I've found.

    Finding time to read is hard because of all the assigned reading, but I'm trying to find where my fun-reading-time fits into my new crazy schedule!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...