Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Review: Shift


Shift (Shade, #2)





Author: Jeri Smith-Ready
Pages: 367
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Source: Library
Other Books in the Series: Shade (AmazonThe Book Depository)
Synopsis: Aura’s life is anything but easy. Her boyfriend, Logan, died, and his slides between ghost and shade have left her reeling. Aura knows he needs her now more than ever. She loves Logan, but she can’t deny her connection with the totally supportive, totally gorgeous Zachary. And she’s not sure that she wants to. 


Logan and Zachary will fight to be the one by her side, but Aura needs them both to uncover the mystery of her past—the mystery of the Shift. 


As Aura’s search uncovers new truths, she must decide whom to trust with her secrets…and her heart.

Buy the Book (Amazon, The Book Depository)

Awww, Shift was an amazing read, so sweet and unique. This book reminded me why I loved Shade so much. I think I enjoyed Shift even more, and I can't wait for Shine.

The story was again about Aura but this time we got some answers as to her heritage. And they were shocking. I love how clever authors are, giving readers clues but remaining mysterious enough that you never see the twist coming. As Zach and Aura explored the origins of the Shift they learned many new things and I'm excited to see what happens at the end of the trilogy, as well as sad because don't want the story to end.

You know how some books in series feel more like a continuation of a story arc than an actual individual story? Shift wasn't like that. The book addicted me so I couldn't stop reading it but it also had it's own story and there was a conclusion. I did have teary eyes while reading it and a bunch of times I just sighed.

Let's get to the good stuff: the boys. Logan or Zachary? Zach or Logan? I was always hesitant to pick a side because they were both so good in their own ways. I will say that I love the growth both boys go through and that the way things turned out is the way they were meant to be.

All in all, Shift was a beautiful sequel to Shade. It has a bit of everything readable: action, romance, mystery, etc. If you haven't read this series, I encourage you to do so. It's one of the most original ghost stories I've read of. 4 stars,

****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...