Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Review: Rules of Attraction








Author: Simone Elkeles
Pages: 324
Publisher: Walker & Company
Source: Library
Other Book in the Series: Perfect Chemistry
Challenge: The Ultimate Reviewers' Challenge Book 8
Synopsis: When Carlos Fuentes returns to America after living in Mexico for a year, he doesn’t want any part of the life his older brother, Alex, has laid out for him at a high school in Colorado . Carlos likes living his life on the edge and wants to carve his own path—just like Alex did. Then he meets Kiara Westford. She doesn’t talk much and is completely intimidated by Carlos’ wild ways. As they get to know one another, Carlos assumes Kiara thinks she’s too good for him, and refuses to admit that she might be getting to him. But he soon realizes that being himself is exactly what Kiara needs right now.


Buy the Book (Amazon)

Rules of Attraction is the sequel of sorts to Perfect Chemistry. It's about a few years later when Alex is in college and Carlos is a senior in high school. The story is narrated in Carlos and Kiara, a girl at Carlos's new school's perspective.

I loved Perfect Chemistry. I mean LOVE. The book had my blood racing and I couldn't think of anything but Brittany and Alex for days later so I had high hopes for Rules of Attraction. Rules of Attraction was very good, but I think I prefer the first in the series.

Carlos is just as hot as his brother, but with a bit less worrying. Carlos has a bigger temper and struggles to feel numb while Alex struggled to take care of the family. What I love about Carlos is how he is who he is, and everyone else better accept him. Him falling for Kiara made sense. She's different from him. She loves to hike, has schedules for showering, and knows about cars. Kiara constantly challenges Carlos and he loves that. They both do. They make a smokin' hot couple.

The reason I didn't quite love this book was that the ending was a tad too perfect. I thought it was awfully convenient, what happened, but I could still accept that. I didn't really love Kiara. I don't know what about her made me just like her, but something was off for me. I doubt this will happen for anyone else though. The gang part in this book was toned down and not as prominent as in Perfect Chemistry.

All in all, Rules of Attraction is a delicious romantic read that has sprinkles of wit and danger. 4 stars,

****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...