Sunday, December 26, 2010

Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter # 7)


Harry Potter has been a huge part of my life. I heard about it first during story time in 1st grade where my classmates were talking about Cerberus. The next year, I decided to read the 1st one and I quickly read the whole series in later years. It was the book that made me love to read.

When the 7th book came out, I quickly finished it in a few hours, neglecting dinner and family visits (I was on a vacation then). I'm pessimistic so I had no idea whether the last book could possibly satisfy me. This series was huge! But it did.

Almost everyone has read Harry Potter since then but i still won't post a spoiler in case someone hasn't. The plot twists in the story were so real. After reading it, I kept thinking "How did I not know that?" It was obvious that the whole series was leading up to this ending, whether we knew it or not in the beginning.

All our favorite characters had grown up and were slightly more mature. One of my favorite things about the series was Harry, Ron and Hermione's friendship.

Sometimes when I read a book with a quest or adventure, the characters seem to always know what to do and where to go even though the quest was supposed to be impossible. I was glad that there were slower times in the novel where we could see the trio pondering what to do next. It made it so much more real.

There's not much more I can say without spoiling, but I love this book and series and I'm sure most Harry Potter fans will agree.

Opposite Reviews: Some reasons people may not have liked this book was the epilogue and some concepts weren't very clear.

All in all,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...